BANK OF AMERICA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
PATRON SAFETY POLICY
(Adopted by City Council on June 11, 2019)
The Bank of America Performing Arts Center (BAPAC) is committed to ensuring the safety and comfort of all patrons and has established the following protocols for those entering the theatre venues.
All patrons are subject to screening by BAPAC’s trained security personnel. This may include, but is not limited to, a visual inspection, a bag inspection, a metal detection inspection, and an interview.
Patrons should plan on arriving at least 30 minutes prior to an event and are encouraged to leave non-essential items and large purses and bags at home or safely secured in a vehicle. Any item larger than a small clutch purse or wallet may be subject to a security inspection and patrons may be prevented from bringing packages, bags, backpacks or luggage larger than 14” x 6” x 14” in size into the theatre venues. BAPAC reserves the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to an event or other patrons, or which are in violation of venue policies. Any patron who declines to be searched may be denied entry.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at BAPAC events:
- Weapons: including but not limited to, guns, knives, pepper spray/mace, flares, fireworks
- Food, beverage, alcohol, cans, bottles, flasks, coolers
- Illegal substances
- Pamphlets, product samples
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets, chairs, beach balls
- Laptop/tablet computers, 2-way radios, laser pointers
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint or other aerosol cans
- Noise making devices: air horns, drums, whistles
- Professional recording devices: audio or video
- Professional cameras with removable lenses
- Bags (backpacks, large bags, suitcases, luggage)
- Selfie sticks
- Confetti, glitter and other items that can be thrown
- Remote control flying devices or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles)
- Animals (with the exception of trained service animals and service animals in training for Patrons with disabilities)
This list is subject to change. Please contact the BAPAC Box Office for event specific policies and information.
Patrons, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the theatre venues. BAPAC does not provide weapon lockers and will not check in/out weapons at Guest Services. Weapons include, but are not limited to, firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, and glass items. Patrons found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the venue or dispose of it. Patrons who refuse to comply will be ejected without a ticket refund.
Code of Conduct
BAPAC is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience and believes that patrons have a right to expect an environment where:
- Patrons shall be respectful of all other guests, artists, staff and the venue property.
- Patrons shall not act in an unruly or disruptive manner and shall avoid blocking the view of other guests.
- Patrons shall turn cell phones off or set them to silent mode and refrain from text messaging and using cell phones as a light source during an event.
- Patrons must adhere to pre-performance announcements regarding the use of recording devices and taking photographs during an event.
- During some performances, artists may request that patrons be permitted to stand immediately in front of their seats during the entirety of an event. On those occasions, standing patrons shall continue to be respectful of others around them and avoid blocking the view of other patrons.
- Patrons shall not occupy a seat or remain in an area for which they do not possess a valid ticket and shall provide their ticket upon request.
- Patrons shall not block the aisles anywhere in the theater.
- Patrons shall not stand on seats.
- Patrons shall refrain from using foul/offensive language, fighting, obscene gestures, throwing objects and engaging in other behavior detrimental to the experience of other patrons.
- Patrons who consume alcoholic beverages shall do so in a responsible manner.
- Patrons may smoke, including the use of e-cigarettes and vaping, in designated external smoking areas only.
- Patrons shall not interfere with the event, the artists or the staff in any way.
- Patrons are encouraged to report inappropriate or offensive behavior to an usher, security officer or BAPAC management.
BAPAC security personnel have been trained to intervene when deemed necessary and to use their best discretion to help ensure that patrons who ignore the Code of Conduct do not interfere with another patron’s ability to enjoy an event. Patrons who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without a ticket refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest.
BAPAC management reserves the right to deny entry to patrons wearing clothing items displaying offensive text and/or images.
Patrons may only access BAPAC venues with a valid ticket to the event or a credential authorized by BAPAC. Backstage and performance areas may only be accessed with a proper credential. Patrons who are found to be in these locations without tickets or proper credentials will be subject to ejection and/or arrest.
Food and Beverage
Patrons are expected to obey all state and local laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages. In addition, the following items are to be noted:
- BAPAC reserves the right to deny entry or alcoholic beverage service to anyone who appears to be impaired.
- There shall be a maximum limit of two alcoholic beverages sold to each patron, per purchase, per valid ID.
- Any patron who appears to be younger than 35 years old may be asked to show positive identification prior to being served alcoholic beverages. Acceptable forms of valid United States identification are: Driver's License, Passport, United States Passport Card, State Issued I.D. Card w/ Photo, Military I.D. w/ Photo and Mexican Consular Card.
- BAPAC reserves the right to eject anyone under the age of 21 years old who is observed to be in possession of, or consuming alcohol on the premises without a ticket refund.
- Service of alcohol will stop at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Patrons must discard alcoholic beverages prior to exiting the venues, or designated consumption areas.